St Davids is a unique and beautiful location on the most western tip of Wales. St Davids was designated as a conservation area by the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park in 1972.
Britain’s smallest city names after the patron saint of Wales boasts a magnificent cathedral, has a thriving community and is a favourite location for visitors, artists, pilgrims and surfers!
Shopping & eating out
There are a wide variety of shops, restaurants and cafes in St Davids mostly clustered, around the old cross in the centre. Ranging from boutique clothing and shoe shops, Welsh crafts galore to surfing equipment for the experts, there really is something for everyone. There’s also a great seasonal local market which takes place on the old cross every Thursday from April to the end of September.
Really Local Information:
- Banks – Barclays, Lloyds TSB, CK Stores – all have cash machines
- Bus services – Richards Brothers for routes between Haverfordwest, St Davids and Fishguard.
www.gobybus.net t: 01239613756
- Coastal bus service – The Celtic Crusader and Puffin Shuttle provide local services from your doorstep at Rhos y Cribed to access the St Davids Peninsula www.pembrokeshiregreenways.co.uk t: 01437 764551.
- Coastguard – for cliff rescue or coastal emergency dial 999
- Dental Surgery – 34a New Street, St Davids t:01437 721747
- Doctor surgery – 36 New Street, St Davids t:01437 720303
- Dogs on Beaches – No dogs on Whitesands beach between 1st May and end of September. Dog ban on part of Newgale beach between 1st May and 30th September.
- Police – t: 0845 3302000
- Post Office – 13 New Street, St Davids t:01437 720283
- Veterinary Surgery – 26a High Street, St Davids t:01437 760111
- Bishop’s Palace + Cathedral events include recitals and concerts, drama festivals – t:01437 720517 for Bishop’s Palace t:01437 720057 for Cathedral Festival 2014.
- Pembrokeshire Coast National Park also host various events and activities throughout the year – click here for their up to date list of events
Dramatic coastline, sandy beaches, historic cathedral and stunning wildlife are all on the doorstep of this fabulous self-catering property in St Davids. Rhos y Cribed self-catering holiday cottage and farmhouse in Pembrokeshire are the ideal place to stay.