Bwthyn Rhos y Cribed
Rhos y Cribed holiday cottage in St Davids are situated just above Porthclais Harbour on the idyllic West Wales coast. The completely renovated cottage (Bwthyn) is situated within the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, and offers luxury self-catering holiday accommodation in this beautiful part of the St Davids peninsular.
The Grade II Listed Rhos y Cribed holiday cottage can be found on the outskirts of the historic city of St Davids. Boasting views of Porthclais Harbour to the South West and St Davids Cathedral to the North East, visitors to Rhos y Cribed really are at the heart of the best of what Pembrokeshire has to offer.
This 18th century distinctive house stands on the edge of the deep valley of the river Alun which runs into Porthclais Harbour. The position may account for its name which means steep ridge or comb (Crib) of the moor (Rhos). It is thought that the property could have been the harbour master or merchant trader’s house of residence when Porthclais harbour was far busier than it is today! There are a many other examples of these ‘minor-and major’ farmhouses around St Davids, most dating from around the 1860s. The ‘minor’ section is thought to have been the servants quarters – this is the Bwthyn (Welsh for cottage!).
Bwthyn Rhos y Cribed – Holiday Cottage
Bwthyn Rhos y Cribed offers:
- A fabulous location, nestling at the top of a valley in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park with views across St Davids and out to sea from Porthclais harbour.
- A stylish 3 double-bedroom residence, elegantly designed and meticulously equipped to be a home from home for all ages.
- The open-plan ground floor boasts a fabulous distinctive chimney, complete with its own ‘meinc’ – a sitting perch to the side of the fireplace, just right for warming up in front of the log-burner! The welcoming sitting room and dining area at the front of the property leads through to the galley kitchen.
- Cooking enthusiasts will appreciate the compact but tastefully equipped kitchen.
- Two double bedrooms at the front of the property enjoy views extending towards St Davids and down towards Porthclais harbour, and a bespoke designed cosy double-bed room at the rear of the property offer a home away from home for all ages.
- The stylish fittings in the family bathroom and ground-floor cloakroom ensure that this cottage definitely isn’t mistaken as the ‘servant’s quarters’ of this distinctive property.
- Step outside the Bwthyn and wander along the Pembrokeshire Coast National Path, go crabbing from the harbour wall at Porthclais or maybe you’ll choose to take to the sea in a kayak or boat. The Pembrokeshire National Park Coastal Path is famed amongst walkers, birdwatchers, botanists and all nature lovers.
Dramatic coastline, sandy beaches, historic cathedral and stunning wildlife are all on the doorstep of this fabulous self-catering property in St Davids. Bwthyn Rhos y Cribed holiday cottage in Pembrokeshire is the ideal place to stay.