Bed linen and bathroom towels are provided at the properties although we would ask that you use your own towels to take to the local beaches, as constant washing of sandy towels can damage our washing machines.
You’re never very far from the sea in Pembrokeshire, and it’s a coastline that has a stunning mix of sandy beaches, spectacular views and wild cliffs. Here’s a list of some of the local beaches along the rugged Pembrokeshire National Coast Park:
- St Dogmaels
- Newport Parrog + Sands
- Traeth Llyfn
- Whitsands Bay
- Porth Lysgi
- Little Haven
- Nolton Haven
- Broad Haven
- Marloes Sands
- Martins Haven
- East Angle Bay
- West Angle Bay
- Barafundle Bay
- Freshwater East + West
- Lydstep Haven
- Priory Beach
- Stackpole Quay
St Davids is just under 2 miles from Rhos y Cribed Farmhouse and Bwthyn – whether you take the Porthclais Road past the harbour or the top road which leads you past the Cathedral and Bishops Palace into St Davids. It’s a walk that takes approximately 20 minutes.
If you don’t choose to simply walk along the coastal path from Rhos y Cribed, sit and enjoy a picnic along the harbour-side, many families enjoy crabbing from the harbour wall and watching the locals set off in their boats. You can launch your own sea kayaks or boats from the Harbour (subject to standard harbour fees. In 2013 kayaks cost £2 per launch, boats/ribs cost £5 per launch). And for the more adventurous, many enjoy the thrill of jumping from the harbour wall during high tide! Twr y Felin (TYF) use Porthclais Harbour as their launch area for their kayaking / adventure days out.
Yes absolutely! None of the facilities are shared between any of the properties – but if you want to share and have booked the Farmhouse and Y Bwthyn properties for a large group or family holiday, there is a connecting door on the ground floor between these two properties.
CK Stores is the supermarket in St Davids. It is also possible to book a home delivery from Tesco, who have a store in Haverfordwest (approx. 15 miles away) – so your food can be delivered upon arrival at Rhos y Cribed if you order before departure for your holiday.
Your dog is WELCOME!
To avoid difficulties on your arrival, prior consent needs to be obtained for your dog or if any other type of pet eg cat, hamster etc can be accepted. Pets are not allowed on furniture or in the bedrooms. Pet owners are responsible for any extra cleaning that may be required, either in the property or in the grounds. Owners must never allow pets to defecate in the grounds. Failure to clean after pets will be surcharged. Soft furnishings and beds are for humans only.
Please bring your own pet blankets to protect floor coverings. Do not allow your pet to cause any annoyance, become a nuisance or intimidate occupants of the adjoining property. Pets must not be left alone in the property – damage is often caused by pets left alone in unfamiliar surroundings. The breed/type and number of dogs must be declared on booking.
Please note — Owners reserve the right to refuse certain breeds of dogs.
We raise a nominal charge of £10 for your dog’s stay at Rhos y Cribed.
No. Heating, electricity and bed linen are always included in the rental. For the woodburners in both properties, we provide a basket full of logs for our guests on arrival. Additional logs can be purchased at the petrol station in St Davids. We do not charge for internet access.
If you forget, we’ll send reminders to you.
There are TVs in all reception rooms at both properties and in every bedroom.
Broadband is available at all five properties at Rhos y Cribed. There is no additional charge for internet access. Broadband service is via a microwave system provider – there is no fibre connectivity in this part of the St Davids peninsula! Please do not expect owners to provide IT support during your stay.
Before you go on holiday we will send you detailed directions explaining how to get to the property and who to contact before you arrive. We also provide the postcode if you prefer to use satellite navigation.
Contact details will be printed on your booking confirmation and on your directions to the property. You should phone the designated contact a few days before you arrive to discuss arrival arrangements with them.
Properties are available from 4.00pm on the first day of your holiday and you will need to leave by 9.30am on your departure day, the following Friday.
Yes. However, we must know, in writing and in advance, the names of all guests, their ages and nationality and the dates they will stay in the property. The overnight total mustn’t exceed the maximum number the property is advertised as accommodating and we (the Owners) may place restrictions on the number of ‘swaps’ we are happy to accommodate.
Yes, please! Of course we clean the property between lets, but PLEASE leave Rhos y Cribed clean and as you found it, otherwise we may struggle to have it thoroughly clean for the next guests.
Yes, in St Davids you’ll find that Barclays, Lloyds TSB and CK Stores – all have cash machines.
If you find anything wrong, please tell us (the Owners – we are human!) or the caretaker (human too) AT ONCE. We will be anxious to put it right AT ONCE. If you have difficulties, please do not suffer in silence or resolve to write when you get home. Mention problems that are spoiling your holiday to us and action can be taken to put things right.
Some Really Local Information:
- Bus services – Richards Brothers for routes between Haverfordwest, St Davids and Fishguard.
www.gobybus.net T: 01239613756
- Coastal bus service – The Celtic Crusader and Puffin Shuttle provide local services from your doorstep at Rhos y Cribed to access the St Davids Peninsula www.pembrokeshiregreenways.co.uk T: 01437 764551.
- Coastguard – for cliff rescue or coastal emergency dial 999
- Dental Surgery – 34a New Street, St Davids T:01437 721747
- Doctor surgery – 36 New Street, St Davids T:01437 720303
- Dogs on Beaches – No dogs on Whitesands beach between 1st May and end of September. Dog ban on part of Newgale beach between 1st May and 30th September.
- Police – T: 0845 3302000
- Post Office – in CKs supermarket, New Street, St Davids T:01437 720283
- Veterinary Surgery – 26a High Street, St Davids T:01437 760111
- Bishop’s Palace + Cathedral events include recitals and concerts, drama festivals
T:01437 720517 for Bishop’s Palace
T:01437 720057 for Cathedral Festival 2014.
- Visitor Information Centre – Oriel y Parc, St Davids
T: 01437 720392
Love where you stay so locals can love where they live.
Look after and respect the property:
We work hard to provide a fantastic base for your holiday; and you can assist by…
- Respecting and looking after the property as if it were your own
- Keeping the property safe and secure whilst you stay
- Keeping the property clean and tidy and avoid leaving it in an unreasonable condition
- Ensuring you stick to any house rules
- Reporting any issues, mishaps or problems as soon as you can
Please treat your home from home with care and respect as if it were your own.
Be considerate of others, especially in light of coronavirus:
Coronavirus has had an impact on many people across the UK and many remain concerned. Please act responsibly by…
- Not travelling to the property if you are displaying symptoms or have tested positive for coronavirus
- Contacting the NHS and following their guidance if you or anyone in your party displays coronavirus symptoms whilst at the property
- Returning to your own home if you are requested to do so by any official body
- Sticking to the law: always follow the latest government advice and guidance
- Respecting others and their potential nervousness regarding coronavirus by sticking to social distancing guidelines
We’re all in this together so please make sure you protect the health of those around you.
Dramatic coastline, sandy beaches, historic cathedral and stunning wildlife are all on the doorstep of this fabulous self-catering property in St Davids. Rhos y Cribed luxury self-catering holiday cottage, farmhouse and barn conversions in Pembrokeshire are the ideal place to stay, accommodating from 2-28 people.
Porthclais harbour 600 metres, Coastal path 500 metres, St Davids 1.2m, Whitesands Beach 2.2m