Rhos y Cribed Farmhouse
Rhos y Cribed holiday farmhouse and cottage in St Davids are situated just above Porthclais Harbour on the idyllic West Wales coast. The completely renovated distinctive farmhouse is situated within the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park, and offers luxury self-catering holiday accommodation in this beautiful part of the St Davids peninsular.
The Grade II Listed Rhos y Cribed Farmhouse holiday cottage can be found on the outskirts of the historic city of St David’s. Boasting views of Porthclais Harbour to the South West and St Davids Cathedral to the North East, visitors to Rhos y Cribed really are at the heart of the best of what Pembrokeshire has to offer.
This 18th century distinctive house stands on the edge of the deep valley of the river Alun which runs into Porthclais Harbour. The position may account for its name which means steep ridge or comb (Crib) of the moor (Rhos). It is thought that the property could have been the harbour master or merchant trader’s house of residence when Porthclais harbour was far busier than it is today! There are a many other examples of these ‘minor-and major’ farmhouses around St Davids, most dating from around the 1860s. The ‘minor’ section is thought to have been the servants ‘quarters.
Rhos y Cribed – Holiday Farmhouse
Rhos y Cribed Farmhouse offers:
- A fabulous location, nestling at the top of a valley in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park with views across St Davids and out to sea from Porthclais harbour.
- Spacious & stylish 5 double-bedroom residence, elegantly designed and meticulously equipped to be a home from home for all ages. A fabulous family bathroom complete with a chandelier and three en-suites ensure a luxurious stay.
- The stylish sitting room and dining room extends the full length of the house and looks out over the valley towards St Davids city. Fireside sofas offer comfy seating in front of the roaring log stove whilst the open plan dining area to kitchen ensures that the cook (or cooks) of the house aren’t left out of any of the socializing!
- Cooking enthusiasts will love the superbly equipped kitchen at the heart of the farmhouse – and it’s a place where family and friends can gather to chat about the activities of the day.
- The TV snug at the rear of the property provides a room for kids of all ages (and adults) to watch TV, play computer games or choose from the selection of games, books and films.
- Just step outside the farmhouse and wander along the Pembrokeshire Coast National Path, go crabbing from the harbour wall at Porthclais or maybe you’ll choose to take to the sea in a kayak or boat from the harbour. The Pembrokeshire National Park Coastal Path is famed amongst walkers, birdwatchers, botanists and all nature lovers.
Dramatic coastline, sandy beaches, historic cathedral and stunning wildlife are all on the doorstep of this fabulous self-catering property in St Davids. Rhos y Cribed Farmhouse holiday cottage in Pembrokeshire is the ideal place to stay.